El Instituto Bíblico Misionero Cristiano "Amigos de Jesús" (IBMC), the Bible school at Clínica la Esperanza, just 10 miles south of San Quintín, in a village called Nueva Odisea, is training up men and women of the valley for ministry according to their call and the grace that God has given. Along with their studies in the classroom, they are being trained in evangelism and missions. This training will help prepare them for the call of ministry that God has on their lives.
A large part of the region’s population is made up of migrant farm workers that come from southern Mexico in search of work in the fields. These workers stay for a time, but often return to their homes in southern Mexico. Our commitment is to reach them with the love of Christ, restore them, disciple them, and equip them so they can return to their homes to share the Gospel. In order to accomplish this, we need to have an intern program in place.
- Teach & disciple students in cultivating a personal relationship with God
- Train and capacitate students with a Biblical foundation so that they, in turn, can minister to individuals including seasonal workers at the farm camps, the church body, and the community at-large, including working with other churches.
- Train students in different methods of evangelism and out-reach
- Have the Bible school grow in teachers and also in students.
- Instill a desire to reach more people in the students that would include serving at different locations and going on missions trips.
- Have graduates take up/lead ministries and plant churches in areas that are currently not being reached.
- Provide an intern program and housing for the students that are studying in the Bible School
LONG-RANGE CONTRIBUTION TO MMM GOALS:
- We are working together as a team in ministry, using the distinct gifts that God has given us to go and make disciples.
- We are interested in doing more health education with children, in more of a preventative way to keep them healthy.
As we train students, they would be capable and willing to help at other sites and ministry outreaches.